HAND PICKED. HAND SORTED. HAND MADE. At Hayseed and Housdon we produce high quality craft wines that we believe represent good value to Paso Robles wine enthusiasts - no matter their place on the spectrum. Our approach is simple: we source top grade grapes from sustainably farmed vineyards in the Paso Robles and Edna Valley appellations, apply proven wine making techniques and then wait for the fruit to do its thing in generally new French oak or steel barrels that are truly stainless.
We do not use concentrates or other additives intended to enhance (i.e. fix) the flavor, texture or aroma of our wine. When we sell our wine - often quite late at our Railroad Street tasting garage location - we split half the profit with one of several local non-profit organizations including Paso Cares, Wine4Paws, RISE and Operation Surf and CASA of SLO County.
You can buy a bottle so support one of their local non-profit partners:
- 4:19 to Paso - Rosé - Paso Cares - an organization that provides for the immediate and longer-term needs of homeless residents of Paso Robles and SLO County.
- Pray for Love - Edna Valley Pinot Noir - Wine4Paws & Woods Humane Society - an organization that provides pet adoption services and the humane care of dogs & cats in SLO County.
- Excuse My Dust & Steel Reins - Chardonnay - Lumina Alliance - Lumina Alliance provides crisis intervention, counseling and other services to survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence.
- Warrior - Cabernet & Petite Sirah Blend - Operation surf - SLO County based organization that helps wounded and injured active duty military and veteran heroes move forward in a positive direction through an epic, life-changing surfing experience.
- Rhône Rodeo - GSM - CASA - an organization that advocates for the best interests of abused and neglected children within the court system.
- La Macha - The 805 Undocu Fund - a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to working families within our community that due to their immigration status are not eligible for government programs.
Hayseed and Houdson is also proud to announce they now offer Metronome Brut Cuvee by @holliepperly 🥂 This Brut Cuvee was made in the traditional champagne method. The base blend, consisting of Viognier and Grenache, was fermented in stainless steel barrels to retain the vibrancy of the fruit. This delicious sparkling wine is limited and perfect for a hot day in Paso Robles ☀️
Please come in and give us a sip! If you enjoy wine you will enjoy Hayseed and Housdon.