How Touring Paso Robles Wine Country Works in COVID Times:
Thank you for taking a look at our “hop on” Wine Line. We hope to be your Paso Robles Wine Country tour provider!
As we all have experienced, COVID has, and is continuing to be, an ongoing and fluid situation with the “new normal”, new COVID protocols and often changing guidelines.
At this time, most wineries are requiring reservations and/or advance notice.
Accordingly you have a choice to:
- Review our wine tour loops and pick out wineries you’d like to visit (4 max. for your day). Please include them when booking, or send them over (4 priority+2 backups) asap, or 10 days prior to your tour date (21 for Saturdays), in order to be more likely to be able to visit them. We will then create your itinerary and make the appointments for your party.
- Or we will create an enjoyable itinerary for you and make the appointments for your party.
We are striving to maintain our mission of Freedom & Flexibility offered with our pre-COVID “hop on, hop off” service, but with all (or the vast majority) of the wineries now requiring reservations, we now have a modified version of that service, as follows, generally:
- We pick you up from your accommodations (others may be on board or to be picked up after you
- You “hop off” at your first winery appointment, we walk you up, introduce you to the staff who takes you from there for your pouring & tasting
- Tasting times have increased at each winery, so appointments are mostly scheduled an hour and 15 mins apart (1 hour for tasting, 15mins for checkout and transit), with additional time for lunch, and/or longer tasting times at certain wineries
- We return approximately 15 mins or so prior to your next appointment time, collect and store any purchases, you “hop on,” and we take you to your next scheduled winery
- And so on, throughout the day, until we return you to your accommodations
Please bear in mind that not all wineries on our website will necessarily be available, may no longer be part of the All-Inclusive Package (if you book it), and/or may have amended hours and fees. Please also understand that if you book a Semi-Private tour, it is just that, Semi-Private, NOT Private. While we do our best to accommodate your specific requests, we must book winery appointments in conjunction with our other customers’ requests for the day, associated logistics (times and locations), and we cannot confirm itineraries until we are closer to the date, or it has sold out. Please be further advised, only in a worst case scenario, we may need to choose the sight you visit due to staffing or winery availability and time concerns and again, apologize in advance for any disappointment. The only way to be the most sure to visit the wineries you’d like to visit (subject to their availability) is to book a Private Tour.